In brightest day, in blackest night, it’s time for DC Comics to turn their 80th anniversary specials towards the bevy of ring slingers that have protected the Earth & the universe as the mighty Green Lantern. The publisher announced Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular coming in May with stories from Geoff Johns, Darryl Banks, Charlotte Fullerton McDuffie, Sina Grace, Mike Grell, Jeff Lemire, Ron Marz, Denny O’Neil, Fernando Parasin, Ivan Reis, Rafa Sandoval, Mariko Tamaki, Peter J. Tomasi, James Tynion IV, Robert Venditti and more.
Along with the announcement & a glimpse at the main cover by Liam Sharp as seen above, the press release also debuted the decade varint covers for the issue.
- 1940’s variant cover by Nicola Scott
- 1950’s variant cover by Matt Taylor
- 1960’s variant cover by Doug Mahnke
- 1970’s variant cover by Neal Adams
- 1980’s variant cover by David Finch
- 1990’s variant cover by Philip Tan
- 2000’s variant cover by Ivan Reis and Oclair Albert
- 2010’s variant cover by Jim Lee and Scott Williams
Available on May 20, Green Lantern 80th Anniversary 100-Page Super Spectacular #1 will retail for $9.99 and is considered a prestige format comic.