Updated 2/11/2019 | 9:49 AM – Official art from Hulu has been attached to the original story, which is below.
As the sun continues to set on the era of Marvel heroes on Netflix, a whole new era of streaming Marvel heroes is about to begin. No, not the Loki and Scarlet Witch and other talked about Disney streaming platform shows that are on the way.
Hulu, a platform soon to be majority controlled by Disney now that they bought Fox, has given the green light to four animated Marvel character series as part of a partnership with Marvel Television, according to The Hollywood Reporter. Those series will be Hit-Monkey, MODOK, Howard the Duck, and Tigra & Dazzler.
Much like the original announcement regarding Marvel’s deal with Netflix years ago, each of the animated series will air and lead up to a mini-series animated show that brings all the characters together known as The Offenders, instead of the Luke Cage, Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Iron fist team the Defenders. These series will join the already Hulu produced Marvel series The Runaways as well as FX series Legion, Fox series The Gifted and Freeform series Cloak and Dagger which all call the streaming platform home following their home channel airings.
• M.O.D.O.K. centers around an egomaniacal supervillain with a really big head and a really little body, who struggles to maintain control of his evil organization and his demanding family. Writers Jordan Blum and Patton Oswalt will also executive produce.
• Hit-Monkey tells the tale of a wronged Japanese snow monkey, mentored by the ghost of an American assassin, as he cuts a wide swath through the Tokyo underworld in this darkly cinematic and brutally funny revenge saga. Writers Josh Gordon and Will Speck will executive produce.
• Tigra & Dazzler Show is a story about two woke superheroes and best friends, Tigra and Dazzler, as they fight for recognition among powered people who make up the eight million stories in Los Angeles. Writers Erica Rivinoja and Chelsea Handler serve as executive producers.
• Howard the Duck is trapped in a world he never made, but America’s favorite fighting fowl hopes to return home with the help of his unstoppable gal pal Beverly before the evil Dr. Bong can turn him the crispiest dish on the menu. Writers Kevin Smith and Dave Willis will also executive produce.
• The Offenders follows MODOK, Dazzler, Tigra, Hit-Monkey and Howard the Duck as they are all forced to team up in order to save the world and certain parts of the universe.
This deal comes at a time where all but two of Marvel’s Netflix shows have been canceled, The Punisher recently dropped a second season with no word on a future and season three of Jessica Jones is still on the way, as Marvel TV prepares to debut numerous potential Marvel Cinematic Universe related series on Disney’s upcoming Disney+ platform.
There is no word on when the series could begin airing.