Phil Lord & Chris Miller leave Star Wars: Han Solo film over creative differences

Star Wars Han Solo

Lucasfilm’s untitled solo Han Solo prequel film has run into a bit of turbulence.

The studio has announced that directors Phil Lord and Chris Miller have left the film because of creative differences.

“Unfortunately, our vision and process weren’t aligned with our partners on this project. We normally aren’t fans of the phrase ‘creative differences’ but for once this cliché is true. We are really proud of the amazing and world-class work of our cast and crew,” Lord and Miller said in the released statement.

This move comes after the second Star Wars anthology film, following last year’s Rogue One: A Star Wars Story, began filming back in February. What effect this will have on the production is unclear, as Lucasfilm might have already have a new director(s) ready to go relatively soon.

“Phil Lord and Christopher Miller are talented filmmakers who have assembled an incredible cast and crew, but it’s become clear that we had different creative visions on this film, and we’ve decided to part ways. A new director will be announced soon,” said Lucasfilm President Kathleen Kennedy in the statement.

Written by Lawrence Kasdan and his son Jon, the second spinoff Star Wars film focuses on the adventures of Han and Chewbacca in the years before they met Luke & Leia in Star Wars: A New Hope, which have them encounter a younger Lando and some other characters along the way.

That cast includes Alden Ehrenreich as Han Solo, Donald Glover as Lando Calrissian, Joonas Suotamo picking up the role of Chewbacca, along with Woody Harrelson, Emilia Clarke, Thandie Newton and Phoebe Waller-Bridge all in unnamed roles.

According to the release, the film is still slated for it’s May 25, 2018 release date.

Advertisements

4 thoughts on “Phil Lord & Chris Miller leave Star Wars: Han Solo film over creative differences

  1. Pingback: Phil Lord & Chris Miller have reportedly spoken to DC Films about The Flash | Geekfinity

  2. Pingback: Ron Howard & Joe Johnston are reportedly contenders to replace Phil Lord & Chris Miller on Han Solo | Geekfinity

  3. Pingback: Ron Howard has officially been named as the new Han Solo prequel film | Geekfinity

  4. Pingback: A new report offers new details about the firing of Lord & Miller from the Han Solo film | Geekfinity

Share your thoughts with us!

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s